Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
A lot of you might not be aware of what apple cider is, and what importance does it hold throughout many fitness circles around the world. Let us find out in detail the wonders of this tangy drink that have made it worth mentioning and incorporating in your diet plans.
Before I start writing Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, let me first explain Apple Cider.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
This wonder product is an amazing and natural way to detox your body. This drink can be your body’s best friend as it is loaded with vitamins, minerals and also enzymes. It can be strong enough to kill bacteria and sweep off infections, as well. The benefits of this detox drink are massive, from being fully loaded with nutritious elements to boosting metabolism, this detox drink can actually do wonders to your body. But, one thing to be noted is that you should not entirely rely on this detox drink to make you healthier, or slimmer. You should have a balanced diet paired with a good amount of exercise.
The raw unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar includes the ‘mother’ of vinegar. This is actually a type of bacteria or a cellulose. It can be characterized by the strands that you may notice in a bottle of raw apple cider vinegar. His characteristic gives it a sour taste. But, overall the taste is not as bad, and rather drinkable with the addition of ice and apple slices garnished over it.
How to Make Apple Cider?
Many of us are looking for ways to make this detox drink at home, here I have given details about how you to make apple cider easily at home,
Actually, this detox drink is made with a process that involves two-step fermentation.
The first step;
Firstly, the apples are crushed or sliced. After that, they are combined with yeast for the purpose of converting their sugars into alcohol.
The second step;
Bacteria are added, to further multiply the fermentation process; ferment the alcohol into acetic acid.
Usually, this process takes the time period of a month to complete, but some manufacturers speed up the process to be only a day long.
Main Active component;
The main active component of apple cider vinegar is ‘acetic acid’. The other name for it can be ethanoic acid. It is sour in taste and has a pretty strong smell. About 5-6% of apple cider vinegar consists of this compound. It also contains water with little amounts of other acids as well. Malic acid is also found.
Note: One tablespoon of apple cider vinegar has 3 calories approximately with zero carbs.
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
There are countless Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar and I will write a few here for my readers.
Acetic Acid, being a dissolvent that dissolves into acetate and hydrogen in the body has multiple benefits.
Some researched have proved that acetic acid, present in the apple cider vinegar can lead to weight loss in a lot of ways. Read here about Causes of Obesity.
Some of the health benefits of apple cider vinegar are as follows;
- Acetic acid, present in the apple cider vinegar is reported to lower blood sugar levels. In a study done on rats, this acid was seen to serve the purpose by boosting liver and muscles to take up sugar from the blood.
- It favors fat-burning. It is done by reducing some amount of insulin in our body to glucagon.
- Acetic acid increases the enzyme concentration in the body. AMPK is an enzyme that is enhanced by acetic acid which supports fat-burn and an improved metabolic system is also provided.
- Acetic acid is bound to give you a ‘fuller’ feeling throughout the day. That will help suppress your appetite. Apart from that, it can also suppress the centers of the brain responsible for our daily appetite, leading to lesser food intake and hence, weight loss is seen.
Some Other Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Along with being supportive of fat and weight loss, it has a ton of other Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar as well. Let us discuss those benefits in detail, so you can have a better insight towards this detoxifying drink that kills toxins in the body;
- It is reportedly effective in treating a cold or a runny nose. Don’t we all just hate it when we have cold and our noses continue to make the situation worse? Well, this drink fights the infection causing elements and makes our cold a lot better on you!
- It can kill pathogens. It can also kill many types of bacteria. In fact, traditionally this drink was used to treat nail fungus, lice, disinfecting warts and ear infections.
- Applying it to your skin reduces acne. Well, there has not been much substance given to this statement over the years, but we are sure there might be some connection.
- It can help treat diabetes. A research was carried out on people with type 2 diabetes. The group that had a regular intake of apple cider vinegar combined with a high protein evening meal, faced twice the decrease in fasting blood sugar.
- It can help women with PCOS. Women having polycystic ovary syndrome can use this detox drink to improve insulin sensitivity. This may cause them to resume ovulation.
- It can help fight cholesterol levels in your body. It is reported to increase the good cholesterol (HDL) and it also decreases the bad cholesterol (LDL). It also does the same with triglycerides.
- AVC (apple cider vinegar) helps fight various digestive ailments as well.It stimulates juices that aid the body in the process where it breaks down food that we take. It can further aid in bloating, gas, along with digestion.
- It can help you get rid of heart burn. In fact, it is claimed that taking one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water, can help reduce heartburn really quickly.
- It fights Osteoporosis. More than 1 in four women around the globe are affected by osteoporosis. This is a condition when they lose a huge concentration of bone material from their skeleton. This frightening condition is bound to attack 2million women worldwide, every year. Prevention is obviously better than cure. This is why we suggest you take apple cider vinegar as it boosts nutrient absorption of calcium into your bones. This highly reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- It can also make your hair happy. It helps to prevent excess buildup of mineral deposits. Not only does it encourage hair growth, but also prevents hair loss. This is done by its amazing ability to improve blood circulation towards your hair follicles. Hair fall is controlled as after applying ACV you can untangle your hair easily and it won’t take a lot of hair down your scalp.
- It can reduce the risk of heart diseases as it includes potassium, which is known to help balance the body’s sodium levels and maintain optimal blood pressure.
A Recent Study Supports the Fact That Apple Cider Vinegar Helps Lose Weight And Body Fat
In-order to explain Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, let me add a research study.
A human study was carried out on 144 obese Japanese adults. This 12-week study made sure that each Japanese adult consumed at least one of the three things; one tablespoon of vinegar, two tablespoons of vinegar or a placebo drink.
One instruction was given to them that they have to minimize their alcohol intake and continue with their usual diet and activities of daily life.
Let us see what changes each of the three elements brought to the life of the Japanese obese men afterward when the experiment ended.
The results are as described as follows;
Those who consumed 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of vinegar per day had the following results:
- Weight loss:6 lbs (1.2 kg).
- Decrease in body fat percentage:7%.
- Decrease in waist circumference:5 in (1.4 cm).
- Decrease in triglycerides:26%.
This is what changed in those consuming 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of vinegar per day:
- Weight loss:7 lbs (1.7 kg).
- Decrease in body fat percentage:9%.
- Decrease in waist circumference:75 in (1.9 cm).
- Decrease in triglycerides:26%.
The placebo group actually faced many adverse effects, not only did they gain 0.9 lbs (0.4 kgs), but their waist circumference also increased a bit.
This is how this study supports the fact that apple cider vinegar, or adding 1 or 2 tablespoons of it can help you reduce weight. Body fat percentage is also decreased, especially the belly fat. Blood triglycerides are also targeted and reduced.
This was the only study ever carried out on humans to test the effects of vinegar on them. The study was massive and gave encouraging results. However, studies done on animals have shown his throughout the years, again and again, that apple cider vinegar has helped in weight loss and fat burn.
Moreover, we are looking for additional studies that might also make different claims to help us know this product better. I hope you will be clear about Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar now.
How much apple cider vinegar is safe?
Majority of us when we start using this detox drink, the main question that comes to mind is “how much apple cider vinegar is safe”, now for my readers, I have answered this here:
Most of the people suggest the best time for it and the best concentration/method for its intake as the following;
- You can take 1 or 2 tablespoons of it with 8 ounces of water
- The timing that suits best is 3 times before your lunch, dinner, and supper.
The reason why you should take this apple cider vinegar before meals are that it will give you a fuller feeling, along with boosting your metabolism. Apart from being able to boost metabolism, it also reduces the amount of time that fats remain in the digestive tract of a person.
Too much of anything can be worst. Same is the case with apple cider vinegar. If you take too much of it, which means if you take it 5 times a day, or combine too much concentration of it with your water, that will harm you in a lot of ways. Your teeth enamel can be destroyed partially, also it can give you a burning sensation in your throat. A lot of other things can happen to displease you. So, keep it neutral and simple. Take it as the amazing detoxifying slimming agent, but in the right concentration each day, with the right amount of water.
Final Words-Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
To conclude today’s topic. We might as well say that apple cider vinegar has been used most frequently among fitness circles for its amazing benefits. It can give you a much slimmer look on the outside while making your insides much more healthy. One owes to their body a lot, and having apple cider vinegar is just one step towards fulfilling your body with what it needs and deserves.
This is an amazing product with so many benefits, some of which we have managed to mention in this article as well. Believe us, and try this product at least once to let it help you become healthy. This products not only detoxifies your body but also helps you fight major diseases along with aiding in preventing high cholesterol levels as well. We believe this product can be very satisfying to our readers!
Moreover, there is good evidence that supports the fact that apple cider vinegar is even better than eating raw apples for weight loss process. It breaks down fat cells, and this acid helps in healthy and rapid digestion. So if you are someone willing to detoxify your body, or want to encourage weight loss.
This drink will be your best friend through it all! Its amazing protein utilization, enzyme concentration, and other nutrients enhance the formation of growth hormone. Growth hormone satisfies your body by enhancing your body’s metabolic characteristic while you’re even at rest or sleeping. Have this dink before your meal, and you will find yourself increasingly in love with its effects!
Good luck. Team Nutrition Lab